Qualified Kids & Teen Occupational Therapists
Caring for kids and teens in Parramatta and the Central Sydney Region.
At Kool KATTS We Know Every Child Is Unique
Kool KATTS uses a family centered approach to enable children to engage in the activities they want and need to do. We support families in identifying goals and work towards increased participation in all areas of life such as accessing the community, school and home life. Intervention is done using play as a means to assist in the treatment of motor, sensory, cognitive, social and emotional needs of the child.
We aim to provide the best in evidence informed care to our clients. We do this through;
- Comprehensive assessment
- Working together with families to identify and support them to work toward their chosen goals.
- Providing home and school/preschool/daycare visits to work collaboratively across all environments and promote inclusion in all settings
- We provide quarterly Support Planning sessions to clients and collaborate with other health professions to ensure continuity of care. This ensures we monitor and measure progress over time.
- Reports are sent to medical practitioners at the start and end of treatment for Medicare funded clients.
- We encourage parents to participate in therapy sessions to enable them to continue treatment at home.
- Each session is individually prepared for each and every child, every time we see them.
- We engage in continuous improvement by attending quarterly education seminars, ongoing Professional Development and weekly peer mentoring/supervision.
- Personal and Family Centered
To provide innovative and evidence informed therapy services, aimed at enabling family and client centered care to facilitate participation in their chosen goals.
We provide a detailed report on your child so you know exactly what is going on.
We provide individualised therapy sessions at home, school, in our clinic and in the community.
Peer group sessions in our clinic where your child is paired with another child of a similar age working toward the same goal.
Small Group Programs
We are trained facilitators for the Secret Agent Society (SAS) Computer Game Pack and Small Group Program helping kids 8 to 12 years of age crack the code of emotions and friendships as well as Westmead Feelings Program.
Play Based Learning
Our specialist Occupational Therapists believe play is the best form of learning for kids, achieving the most positive results.
Teens need a specialised treatment to cope with adolescent development, we are trained in working with teens and pre-teens.